- Your journey to adoption begins by contacting our Adoptive Parent Coordinator, Leah Wild at 727-549-1416 or email@example.com. Leah will email you a copy of our Pre-Application to complete. Once you have completed the Pre-Application form, you will email it back to the Adoptive Parent Coordinator along with a family photo. At this time we are, unfortunately, unable to work with Adoptive Families that reside in New York or New Jersey.
- Once your Pre-Application is approved, you will be notified of your next steps including forms and documents to be completed either by you or your homestudy agency if you do not live in Florida. If you do live in Florida, Gift of Life Adoptions can complete your homestudy. The Application Fee is to be submitted with your application. Gift of Life Adoptions reserves the right to deny or approve any application received.
- Birth Parents who are making an adoption plan through Gift of Life Adoptions have the option to select their adoptive parents. Adoptive parents create autobiographies that are shown to birth parents based on adoptive parent comfort levels and the birth parent situation. It is imperative for adoptive parents to be completely honest when providing information on their comfort levels.
- Adoptive parents will be notified when they have been selected by a birth parent. Once informed of the selection, adoptive parents will receive the social and medical history of the birth parent(s). Once you have been selected, our Adoptive Parent Coordinator will call you to discuss the next steps. Adoptive parents are highly encouraged to call Gift of Life Adoptions with any questions they may have once they receive information about the birth parent.
- Most birth parents wish to meet with adoptive parents prior to placement. This meeting is coordinated by Gift of Life Adoptions.
- After placement of a child in your home, post placement visits will be conducted once every thirty days until finalization. The timeline for finalization can vary on a case by case basis.
If you have additional questions or would like to speak to one of our counselors, please to give us a call at 727-549-1416 24 hours a day, 7 days a week or click on Chat (which is located at the bottom right-hand side of your screen) if you would like to talk to someone in our office right now. We look forward to hearing from you.